Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
REGISTRATION FOR THE YEAR 2017-2018
- Are you, or do you know of someone, who has expressed an interest in becoming a Catholic?
- Are you, or do you know someone, who was baptized Catholic as a child, but has not celebrated the Sacraments of Confirmation, and Eucharist?
The Church of Little Flower offers you or someone you might know an opportunity to come together in a small group to learn more about our faith through the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults.
The RCIA is how the early Christians joined the Church.
Required classes meet every Tuesday from 7:00 pm through 9:00 pm at church of the Little Flower - reilly parish center starting on September 26, 2017,
and ending on April 3, 2018
Books You Will Need:
- The catechism of the catholic church
- And a catholic bible (preferably the Catholic Study Bible New American).
- Please provide along with this Application, your Baptismal certificate, First Communion certificate and Marriage certificate.
- The suggested donation, if you are able, is $75.00. Checks should be made payable to the Church of the Little Flower. Please add in the check's memo: “RCIA”.
- Sponsors must have received the Three sacraments of initiation: Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist and be living a life consistent with faith and with the responsibility of a godparent,
- Be members of the Catholic Church and canonically free to carry their office.
- Please provide along with this Application, your Sponsor’s Baptismal certificate, First Communion, Confirmation and certificates.
Catechumen/Candidate Prior Marriage:
- Generally, Catechumen (Non-Baptized) and Candidates (Previously Baptized Seeking full Communion and Confirmation) who divorced and are presently re- married without obtaining a formal decree of nullity on the prior marriage(s) (either their own, or their spouses) by the Church may not receive any of the Church’s Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Communion).
- If that is your situation please address it with Father Michael Davis or his designee during your initial interview.
Initial Interview with Pastor or Pastor’s Designee:
- All Catechumens and Candidates must meet with and have their application for enrollment in the RCIA Program reviewed and approved by Father Michael Davis or his designee before or shortly after classes begin.
- Please call the Parish Center at (305) 446- 9950 for an appointment. Please bring a copy of your completed application with you to your meeting.