Registration for the Year 2020-2021
The Church of Little Flower offers adults an opportunity to come together in a small group to learn more about our faith through the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults. The RCIA is how the early Christians joined the Church. The program serves:
- Unbaptized adults and young persons who have reached the age of reason and wish to become Catholics.
- Those baptized in another Christian Church who are seeking full communion with the Roman Catholic Church and seek the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist.
- Baptized Catholic adults who were baptized as infants in the Catholic Church and now seek the Sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation.
The 2020-2021 Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (“RCIA”) program at the Church of the Little Flower will begin on Tuesday September 22, 2020. We will meet every Tuesday from 7:00 PM through 9:00 PM via zoom. The link and meeting ID # will be provided to all applicants via email prior to the commencement of the program.
Books You Will Need:
- The Catechism of the Catholic Church
- A Catholic Bible (preferably the Catholic Study Bible – New American)
- 2020-2021 Application Form
- If applicable, copies of your Baptismal certificate, First Communion certificate and/or Marriage certificate.
- The suggested donation of $75.00. Checks should be made payable to the Church of the Little Flower. Please write “RCIA” in the check memo line.
- Sponsors must
- Have received all three Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist
- Be living a life consistent with faith and with the responsibility of a godparent
- Be members of the Catholic Church and canonically free to carry their office
- Sponsors must be willing and available to participate in all Church events that will be announced at the beginning of the class.
- Please provide a copy of the following Sponsor documents:
- Baptism Certificate
- First Communion Certificate
- Confirmation Certificate
- If married, Catholic Marriage Certificate
- Sponsor’s Letter of Good Standing from his or her parish
Catechumen/Candidate Prior Marriage:
- Generally, Catechumens (Non-Baptized) and Candidates (Previously Baptized seeking Full Communion and Confirmation) originally married Sacramentally and who are presently re-married, without obtaining a formal decree of nullity on the prior marriage(s) (either their own, or their spouses) by the Church, may not receive any of the Church’s Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Communion).
- If this is your particular situation please address it with Father Manny Alvarez or his designee during your initial interview.
Initial Interview with Pastor or Pastor’s Designee:
- All Catechumens and Candidates must meet with, and have their application for enrollment in the RCIA Program reviewed and approved by, Father Manny Alvarez or his designee, before or shortly after classes begin.
- Please call the Parish Center at (305) 446-9950 for an appointment.
- Please bring a copy of your completed application with you to your meeting.