Advent Penance Service with Individual Confessions
Wednesday, December 22nd
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Church
Masses for Christmas Eve
Friday, December 24th
4:30 pm – Children’s Christmas Program
5:00 pm – English Children’s Vigil Mass
11:30 pm – Christmas Musical Prelude
12:00 am – Bilingual Midnight Mass
Masses for Christmas Day
Saturday, December 25th
9:00 am, 10:30 am, and 5:30 pm – English
12:30 pm – Spanish
Masses for the Solemnity of the Most Holy Family of Jesus, Mary & Joseph
Sunday, December 26th
7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:30 am, and 5:30 pm – English
12:30 pm – Spanish
Masses for the Solemnity of Mary, the Holy Mother of God
Friday, December 31st
5:30 pm – Spanish Vigil
Saturday, January 1st, 2021
8:00 am – English
10:30 am – Bilingual
When Christmas Falls on a Saturday…
Father Richard Vigoa, Director of the Archdiocesan Office of Worship,
issued the following instructions regarding the 2021 Christmas season. Christmas is a holy day of obligation regardless of the day of the week it falls. As a result, Catholics are obligated to attend Mass for Christmas, either at a Christmas Eve vigil Mass or Christmas Day Mass, and on Sunday, December. 26, the Solemnity of the Holy Family, which will be celebrated solely on Sunday this year (No Saturday Vigil Mass).
· Friday, Dec. 24: Regular Daily Masses. Vigil Mass is for Christmas.
· Saturday, Dec. 25: Christmas. Holy Day of Obligation. Christmas is observed from 4 p.m. on Dec. 24 through 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 25. All Masses must be for Christmas Day. Evening Mass it is not for Sunday as a vigil. It will be celebrated as a Christmas Day Mass.
· Sunday, Dec. 26: Solemnity of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. The Solemnity is observed from 12 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 26 only. Mass must be attended on Sunday to fulfill the Sunday obligation.
· Friday, Dec. 31: Regular Daily Masses. Vigil Mass is for Jan. 1, Mary, the Holy Mother of God.
· Saturday, Jan. 1: Solemnity of Mary, the Holy Mother of God. Falls on a Saturday this year and is not a Holy Day of Obligation. Regular Daily Masses. Evening Mass will be celebrated as the Vigil for the Solemnity of the Epiphany of the Lord.
· Sunday, Jan. 2: Solemnity of the Epiphany of the Lord. Regular Sunday Masses.