We are seeking to immediately hire a Coordinator of Sacramental Records and Virtus. More details about the role are posted below. Interested applicants may send resumes and cover letters to Jorge Santibanez, Parish Life Coordinator.
Coordinator of Sacramental Records and Virtus
This person is directly responsible to the Parish Life Coordinator and is charged with responsibility for keeping records of church documentation; primarily posting, processing, and safeguarding all sacramental records. The candidate performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of the Catholic Archdiocese of Miami.
Schedule: Full time.
Benefits: Competitive Pay Rate, Full Health & Dental Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Time Off, and more!
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to Jorge Santibanez, Parish Life Coordinator.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include:
- Records, updates, completes, organizes, and files all data related to registry books regarding Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, Matrimony, and records of death.
- Assembles and files records relative to the Baptismal preparation classes rendered at the Church of the Little Flower, as well as each family’s completion of courses.
- Prepares Baptismal certificates for all the newly baptized.
- Updates and prepares Baptism schedule.
- Complete requests for certificates of sacraments received at COTLF.
- Prepares Church request forms or letters for Baptism and Confirmation Sponsors.
- Prepares request forms for permission to marry or receive Baptism in another parish.
- Records annulment notifications in the Marriage books.
- Handles and maintains Death registry records.
- Prepares the Prayer of the Faithful for the Vigil Mass, Sunday Masses, and Holy Days of Obligation.
- Records and prepares Mass intention listing on a weekly basis.
- Fields and handles phone calls and office visits relative to sacramental records.
- Assists with covering the Reception Desk and answering the Parish Office telephones when needed.
- Posts all parishioner registration data, contact information, contributions, and requests for envelopes.
- Prepares the quarterly transmission of parishioner data to the envelope company, Our Sunday Visitor.
- Prepares census reports for the Archdiocese of Miami, twice per year.
- Coordinates the parish implementation of the program for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults of the Archdiocese of Miami.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Practicing Catholic who fully adheres to and models the Church’s teachings in faith and morals and has active participation in parish life.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and three (3) years’ experience in a customer service environment required.
- Preferred: Bachelor degree; or equivalent theological and ministerial courses from Archdiocesan approved institution of higher education.
- Additional catechetical courses as needed, with training in theology or religious education recommended.
- Demonstrate readiness to participate in current and ongoing formation.
- Appropriate leadership, organizational, and facilitation skills with willingness to implement and work with existing programs, staff, and volunteers.
- Good time management skills required, including ability to manage several projects at the same time with accuracy in an environment of competing deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills, including ability to maintain focus on and professionalism with people in challenging situations, both in person and by phone.
- Evident desire to serve the community and commit time and talents to this ministry.
- Helpful, supportive, and cooperative attitude with openness to give and receive constructive feedback to continually grow in the role.
- Superior computer literacy, including ability to navigate online applications and search engines effectively.
- Type at least 60 wpm with 90 % accuracy.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills required, including clear speaking voice and good spelling and grammar.
- Proficient Spanish spoken and written communication skills strongly preferred.
- Supportive of the mission and basic tenets of Catholic Church and parish structures; Experience in Roman Catholic environment is a plus.
- Must have a professional demeanor.