The Unaccompanied Refugee Minors Program is looking for adults to become foster parents to refugee minors.
The requirements to be a foster parent include:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Be able to provide adequate bedroom space and a separate bed for each foster child
- Have reliable transportation
- Be willing to participate in a 30-hour free training
- Be prepared for adults in your household to undergo complete background checks
- Be able to meet basic resources to support the household.
Catholic Charities provides 24-hour case management, monthly stipend to help with the care of the refugee minor or youth, continuing education and more. For more information, call 305-883-3383 or visit www.ccadm.org