Relax! God put the wiggle in children, so don’t feel you have to suppress it in God’s house. All are welcome here at Little Flower!
- Don’t be afraid to sit toward the front where it is easier to see and hear.
- Quietly explain the parts of the Mass to your children. They’ll learn quickly.
- Sing the hymns, pray, and voice the Mass responses out loud. Have the kids sit, kneel and stand together with you, too. Children best learn liturgical behavior by copying you.
- If you need to step out of Mass with your child to calm them down or just to take a walk, feel free to do so, but please come back! As Jesus said: “Let the children come to me.”
- Remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to the Church, to God, to Christ and to one another. Let them know that they are always at home in this house of worship.
To the members of the parish:
A smile of encouragement is always welcome to parents with small, active children. The presence of children is a gift to the Church and to our parish. They give us, “a future full of people.”